Ah! Those pesky blackheads can make your face dull and mar your otherwise gorgeous, flawless skin. They are visible from a mile away and you cannot just hide them with any makeup. Blackheads occur when the oily secretion from the sebaceous glands get accumulated in open pores. These are usual pimples, which, when exposed to air get oxidized and turn black. Here we bring you some home remedies to get rid of those horrible blackheads once and for all.
The mild abrasive properties of baking soda make it a powerful exfoliator, which can help remove blackheads as well as acne. It also balances the pH level of your skin, reducing the oil formation and completely preventing blackheads.
• Mix two teaspoons of baking soda with pure water, enough to make a paste.
• Apply the baking soda paste on the affected area and massage gently.
• Pay special attention to the areas of the face where blackheads have formed.
• Allow the paste to dry for a few minutes.
• Rinse with warm water.
Repeating this treatment once or twice a week for a month will help you get rid of blackheads.
Honey and Egg white mask
An egg white face mask is another quick way to remove your blackheads. Albumin, present in egg whites, not just remove blackheads but also helps tighten your pores, thus making it difficult for the blackheads to make a comeback. This is a remedy best suited for people with oily skin.
• Mix 1 teaspoon honey with 1 egg white.
• Rinse the affected area and pat it dry.
• Apply a thin layer of the mask over your skin.
• Place a strip of toilet paper or wet facial tissue over the paste and let it dry.
• Apply a second layer of the egg white and honey paste on the tissue, all the while holding it in place.
• Repeat this a third time if necessary.
• Allow the whole setup to dry. When the mask feels tight and has dried completely, peel the tissue off and remove any residues.
• Pat it dry and apply a light moisturizer on it.
• Repeat two times a week.
This mask not only removes blackheads but also keeps your face fresh and glowing.
This mask uses Bentonite clay, which has healing properties and has been used to treat various skin-related ailments for centuries. Bentonite clay helps draw out oils and other impurities locked into your pores.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of Bentonite clay with enough water to form a fairly thick paste.
• Cover your face with the paste and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
• Rinse off with warm water and moisturize as usual.
The Bentonite clay mask also helps increase circulation, giving your face a natural, healthy glow.
Gelatin and Milk
The gelatin and milk face mask forms a sticky compound that not only helps remove blackheads but also reduces hair on your face, thus leaving it fresh, soft and glowing. Definitely a win-win!
• Mix two teaspoons of gelatin with enough warm milk to form a thick, applicable paste.
• Apply the paste on a clean face and let it sit until it dries completely.
• Starting from the chin, pull the mask off your face, in the direction of your forehead.
• Rinse and pat dry.
Remember: DO NOT apply the mask on sensitive areas like your under-eyes and also keep it away from your eyebrows and hairline as it may pull out the hair from there as well.